Several people have stated that this works, but unfortunately no one has really told you the steps.
Assumptions: Is this a proposal?
- SharePoint 2010 running on Windows 2008 R2 (64 bit of course)
- You have at least configured a couple of Web Applications in SP2010 to make the rest of this work
The main thing that happens here is you try to install BizTalk 2009 and you have the option for the SharePoint Service Adapter all greyed out. This doesn’t work so go ahead and do the following:
- Download WSS 3.0 with SP2. NOTE: This is required for Windows 2008 R2 as it will not let anything else be installed
- Before you get to the area to actually “Configure SharePoint…”, hit “Cancel”
- Run the install for BizTalk and you can not install the adapter
- Configure the adapter as you would because it will recognize SharePoint is installed
- After it is configured, change the web.config for the BizTalk adapter to use the 220.127.116.11 services (See this post here)
Hopefully that at least gets you a bit further. Hopefully BizTalk 2009 R2 will have a lot of this resolved.