Had a request to enter in dates with a simple MMddYY format. This is easier than you think.
- Create a for and add a Date Picker field to the view
- Double-click the field and add a new Rule
- Set the Condition as such:
- string-length(.) = 6 and
- contains(“/”, .) = false and
- contains(“-“,.) = false
- Add an Action to Set a Fields Value
- Current Field or “.”
- Value: concat(substring(today(), 1, 2), substring(., 5, 2), “-“, substring(., 1, 2), “-“, substring(., 3, 2))
- Test out the for. Enter a date like “050109” and it will put it in as 2009-05-01.
That is it. Simple and easy to use